A major focus of Anderson Indian Law is its strong government affairs practice. We have developed a team of attorneys with vast experience in Federal Indian law and legislation, including prior service in the United States Department of the Interior.
- Advocating and lobbying on behalf of tribal clients' positions with Congressional and Federal agency decision-makers;
- Drafting and analyzing legislative and regulatory proposals, including preparing in-depth analysis and defending the tribal client's views;
- Preparing witnesses to testify at Congressional or regulatory hearings;
- Preparing testimony, talking points, and other briefing materials for Congressional and regulatory staff;
- Daily monitoring of Congressional and regulatory developments; and
- Assessing and evaluating political participation opportunities.
- Business Enterprises and Economic Development;
- Environmental Law;
- Gaming Development and Enterprises;
- General Counsel to Indian tribes, Tribal Organizations, and Indian-owned Enterprises.
- Land Acquisition;
- Tribal Code Development (including regulations, policy and procedure manuals, legislation and other documents critical to the effective operation of tribal governments); and
- Tribal Sovereignty.
© 2013, Anderson Indian Law
503 C Street NE, Washington, DC 20002
202-543-5000 || FAX: 202-543-7716